Monday, October 21, 2013

Secret Ingredient....Baby Dust!

Yup, it's that time alright. It's time to buy our baby dust! I'm so excited, nervous and filled with anticipation. After countless hours of debating ethnicity vs. personality vs. education vs. height/weight vs. actual adult photos we found "the one"! 

I spent over an hour and a half chatting with a lady at Fairfax Cryobank this morning finding out who out of our top picks had the best post thaw motility and sperm count. Our guy has 35% motility, which is average, and 10.13 million live sperm per vial....10 is minimum guaranteed per cc, so that's awesome cause a vial is only 0.5cc IUI. Not to mention he has only been active since June this year and already has pregnancies reported!!! Whoop whoop!!
Let's do this shit!

Everything about him intrigued us and both Kate and I had the same immediate good feeling reaction after reading all about him. It helps he has a long line of girls in his family too ;-)  (I may want a girl a bit badly). We need to purchase the baby dust by Wednesday cause he only has two vials left until the rest is released from quarantine and we have those babies on hold only till Wednesday. 

PS thank you to anyone reading who helped contribute money to our future family at our wedding. It's those funds that will be put directly to purchasing our baby dust.

On the ugly end if the spectrum, I have been testing with OPKs for 10 days and still no LH surge. It's CD18 and that's the latest I have ever had a surge in the past, so it makes me nervous I had a mild surge and missed it or am not ovulating this month. Since we plan to inseminate for the first time next month, this month is very important to gather as much information as possible. So...I made an appointment to get a uterine ultrasound tomorrow morning to check for ovulation or large follicles. Hopefully we will catch one or the other so we have something to base next month on. Stressful stuff this baby making business. But my gut is telling me good things so I'm going with it.


No comments:

Post a Comment